Expert Testimony & Support
Members of the Meehan Aviation Group provide expert witness services to clients facing complex aviation economic litigation. Based on sound analytical foundation requisite for supporting testimony, The Meehan Aviation Group has testified in front of the United States Congress to help them form their positions on whether to allow the privatization of airports and whether to reopen travel and trade with Cuba. In addition, The Meehan Aviation Group provided expert testimony on behalf of clients on a range of issues, including: defending analysis in the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court on the need to lift the injunction against building new runways at Logan; and, providing expert testimony at a trial in the United States Court of Federal Claims in which the Department of Justice was found responsible for the taking of property with damages of $143 million.
Examples of The Meehan Aviation Group expert witness support include:
▪ Applications for authorization for mergers.
▪ Disputes regarding whether foreign airlines received subsidy from national governments.
▪ Investigations regarding the basis for airport fees before a court or competition tribunal.
▪ Designation of an air carrier to serve an international route.
▪ Economic principles governing airport operation and planning.
▪ Expert support for lifting injunctions against the construction of new runways
▪ Disputes regarding the taking of a terminal property